Do you have something you would like to share on the Happy Herping blog? That's fantastic, because we want to hear from you! Happy Herping is an open and fun community that thrives on the support and contribution of it's readers. Keep reading to learn all about what we're looking for and how you can submit your first piece!
What Can I Submit?
You are welcome to submit any content that is Reptile or Amphibian related and that you think your Happy Herping sisters would love to see or read. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Contribute to the Species Library. These posts have their own guidelines, which you can learn more about right HERE.
- Share Your Photos! If you've been snapping photos of Herps, we want to see them! In addition to your photos, please include a story to go with them!
- Are you an Artist, Poet, or Songwriter?! If you've created Reptile or Amphibian work, we can't wait to learn more! All ages and skill levels encouraged! Tell us what inspired you, what your process is, a story behind your piece, or whatever you think is important to include!
- Do you have a reptile or amphibian pet? That's awesome! We want to know all about him or her! Share your favorite photos or stories about them!
- What's in your bag? This is a spin on the popular "What's in my bag" type of of blog post. Instead of showing us what's in your purse, show us what's in your Herping Bag or what you like to take with you when you go herping! Include product links if you have them!
- What You Wore. What do you wear when you go herping? Include product links if you have them!
- Tips, Projects, and Recipes. If you have Herping tips, DIY Projects, or Reptile/Amphibian related recipes we definitely can't wait for you to share them with us!
These are only ideas so don't let them limit you. If you have something interesting, fun, or beneficial to the Happy Herping community we want to hear from you!
Please be prepared to submit image(s) with your post! If you don't have an image to go with your submission, just let me know and I can take care of that part for you.
- All posts should include at least one image and up to 6. All submissions with more than 6 images will be taken into consideration on a case by case basis. *Image limitations are in place to prevent slowed page loading times, but may be approved if your post requires more than 6 images.
- All images must be at least 1000 pixels in width and preferably in landscape orientation though portrait is okay too.
- Submit your own work! If the image is not your own, please reference where you found it. Referenced images will be taken into consideration but may not always be approved.
- Submit your best work! All ages and skill levels are encouraged. This is an open and friendly community so don't be afraid to share with us!
How To Submit Your Post
- Complete the form below and submit for review.
- Attach any Image, Video, or PDF files that you would like to have included in your post and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Happy Herping Submission: Your Name".
- You will receive a response within 24 hours letting you know if I need anything further and when your post is scheduled to be published!
After You Submit Your Post
Once your form and images have been submitted, you'll wait for an email response from me which you'll receive within 24 hours. You'll be informed of any edits that might need to be made and if I need anything else from you before proceeding. Once the editing process has been completed and the post has been prepared on my end, you'll be notified by email of your schedule publishing date!
Your Post Is Live! Now What?
One your post has been published, let your friends and followers on social media know about it! Be proud of your post and remember to check back often so that you can respond to reader comments or discussions!